Sunday 21 July 2013

Escape from Alcatank!

My normal gecko scared me last night as she decided to act like Houdini. At present she is in a divided wooden vivarium and after looking in her side of the tank last night I could not see her. I happened to check on the other side of the divider and found she had burrowed under the divider into the other side of the vivarium. After close inspection of the viv, I noticed a few small gaps that measured no more than 5mm under the divider and at the back where I made a slot for the heat mat. I was lucky that she did not escape out the back of her tank. Needless to say at 2am I had to block all gaps in the tank to stop further escape attempts with the help of aluminum tape. My lesson for the day is ensure that all vivariums have no gaps at all, apart from vents.

I will ensure in the future to write a post on how to find reptiles that have escaped and ways to ensure your vivariums and rubs are escape proof.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.