Sunday 10 November 2013

My New Addition Mauve

Recently I was contacted by a local breeder who had a ball python that was unable to breed. There is also a small bump on the python's nose. The breeder explained that the royal needs a good loving and caring home, so my partner and I decided to take him on and keep him as a pet to ensure that he will be well cared for. We have named the python Mauve as he is a Mojave and it fits with our name by colour scheme theme although I know he is not purple.

He is currently the largest ball python weighing in at 950 grams (approximately). Mauve seems to be settling in well and adjusting to his new environment. He seems to enjoy being handled and is continuously attempting a breakout from his enclosure.

I must admit, it feels rewarding to take in and care for an animal that is healthy but no one else may want due to it having slight problems with looks and or breeding. I hate the fact that some people would go as far as to euthanize such animals and that breaks my heart when they can have a good home and be loved.  

This is Mauve, the special little guy.

Mojave ball python.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.